Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Toy Story Party


One of my many things I love to do is throw parties. A year ago this month I threw a Toy Story party for my then 4 year old son. I got so much positive feed back from this party that I had to post some of my pictures and ideas.









This was a picture of the Gift Table. If you all are familiar with "Lotso the Bear" in Toy Story 3 that rides around in the dump truck this will make sense to you. I simply downloaded the images off of Google and matted them on card stock. I used Chalkduster as my font to appear more "kid like"

We played various games at the party...this one was a huge hit by the kids and my most favorite. This game was called "Stinky Pete the Prospectors Gold Mine." I already had these large galvanized tubs so I simply filled them with Play-Sand ($2.50 for a large bag at Home Depot.) I then found, and spray painted small pebbles gold and added them to the sand. I threw in some sand sifters and and a couple shovels and the kids went to town finding gold. This was inexpensive and a lot of fun!!

Yes, even the Apple Sauce got dressed up for the party!!! By simply cutting out different sized circles on Scrapbook Paper (found at your local craft store) you could easily replicate this. This particular Applesauce was a generic brand but you would have never know with the cute labels on them. Great healthy snack for young kiddos!!

After watching the movie a 101 times, I had all kinds of phrases in my mind I thought I could use as decorations. A very famous quote "There's a Snake in my boot" said by Woody was displayed here. Again I used Google Image to download various pictures of woody as well as stickers to decorate the sign. I then borrowed a friends boots and stuck my sons plastic snake inside to replicate the phrase. I had some small hay bails in my Fall bin and this added the western flare.

I wanted to add another special touch and decided to roll my own silverware. I decided on a cow print ribbon as well as a western ribbon. The silverware and napkins were purchased at our local Dollar Tree and this really presented them well.

I created another game called "Bulls-eye" (The Horse in Toy Story) I used a piece of poster board, a large red square, Masking tape, to make the target, and stencils to make the letters. The kids then lined up and had to throw wiffle balls and try to hit a Bulls-eye. I had most of the supplies on hand and spent little to no money creating this game.

We all know about the "Watering Hole" in the movie! I found and downloaded these water bottle labels on designdazzle.blogspot.com. Printed them on card stock,  and cut them to fit the bottles. I used packaging tape which fit over the labels perfectly to create a laminate. Stuck them in a decorative bin with a label that read "The Watering Hole."

Everyone loves Rice Krispie Treats!! I created Alphabet Blocks using your standard Rice Krispie Treat recipe. If you recall in the movie these were the blocks that Andy played with in his room. I then used decorative frosting to right letters on the blocks. Sticky yet yummy!!!

I made these Goody bags out of brown paper bags and they worked great!! I used classic Toy Story colors orange,yellow, green and red and cut tags out of card-stock. I then tied them on with fun themed ribbon. I had all the supplies on hand and this cost me nothing even better!!!

As people entered they could guess "How many Army men were in this jar". I used the classic Toy Story pail of Army men...but you could easily purchase toy soldiers at your local dollar store. The person that came closest without going over won a small prize. This was an easy game that required no guidance.





And here is the Birthday Boy himself with his classic "Cheese" face....He had such a great time and talks about his Toy Story party to this day! I hope you enjoyed this post, and got some good ideas for your next Toy Story Party:)

1 comment: