Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Gone Camping

We celebrated my Son's 5th Birthday over the weekend. He loves the outdoors and is such an active kid, so I decided to go with a Camping themed party. We did everything from a Bug Hunt to S'mores around the camp fire. I wish I would have taken more pictures, so you could see all of the activities/decorations that were done. I did get some photos, so will post what I have. ENJOY

This was the table that was set up as you come into our home. I created a Welcome sign out of a picture frame with camo scrapbook paper as the background. I used a dry erase marker to write on it this later just wiped right off with a towel. I found pine cones scattered under a tree at a local park and scattered them throughout the party. I found checkered tablecloths on mega sale at Wal-Mart, thought this gave it a picnic feel. It pays to have a party at the end of a season the sales are GREAT! 

Here is a closeup of the Goody Bags that I made for each kid. I found these bags 5 for .98 cents at Target SCORE!!! I used camping themed foam stickers to add decorations to the bags. Each kid was given a Glow Stick(pictured above) and a camp visor that read "Happy Camper _________ (kids name) they were so adorable wearing them.


 This was a picture of our backyard Campsite complete with sleeping bags, lawn chairs and a stuffed Moose. Kids enjoyed pretending to camp and played inside the tent all night. I made signs out if cardboard and staked them into the ground. They were scattered throughout the campground others said "Don't Feed the Bears," "Outhouse," and "Fire Pit"!!

I used our Coleman water jug as a "Hand washing Station" just another little extra that added to the camping feel. I think it eventually turned into a water gun refilling station:)

I made a camping banner out of twine and construction paper. Looks similar to those hung at an entrance to a campground. I also hung one on the front door that read "Welcome."



I made S'mores to go as well... I set them in a large basket and guests were to grab one on there way out. I used Ziplock snack-size bags and filled them with Marshmellows, graham crackers and chocolate. I stapled a label to the front of the bags that read S'more for later. A cute inexpensive party favor, that I'm sure will be eaten up!!!

The Big Orange Camping Jug  came out for the party as well. It was filled with Strawberrry Punch also known as Bug Juice:) This was much more fitting then a fancy glass punch bowl...don't ya think?

This was the sign posted on our Bathroom door. Many of the kids were unclear as to what an Out House actually was. Too funny!!!

Smore's on a Stick, were one of many treats that were made for our Camp-Goers. I found huge Marshmallows dipped them in melted chocolate and rolled them in Graham Crackers. Yummy!!!!

 This was one of my favorite parts to this party, I am bummed I didn't get a better picture of it. I created a Trail Mix bar that included Gummy Bears aka (Grizzly Bears), Peanuts, Mini Marshmallows, Raisins aka (Deer Poop), and Pretzels sticks aka (Fire logs). Kids had a great time assembling there very own treat bags!!!

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed this party as much as I did...Happy Camping!!!!!






2 comments:

  1. This was, hands down, the funnest, coolest kids party I've ever been too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the trail mix was the best part of the camping party! My kids LOVED them! And I had so much fun helping them with this....great ideas!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete