Monday, September 17, 2012

Another Day in Paradise

I wanted to take a entire blog and dedicate it to my Husband. This past August we celebrated 7 years of marriage and 10 years of living together wahoo!! The title of this blog has much significance as it was one of our wedding songs. As some of you may know, we already had two kids as of our wedding date. We were well into the trials and tribulations of a "Married" couple with small children. I must say that this man never ceases to amaze me. We have come so far individually and as a couple.We have brought three wonderful kids into this world and I couldn't imagine a day in life without them. It's easy to get lost in the busy lifestyle that families with young kids lead... Shuffling kids from one event to another not to mention homework, baths, appointments, household chores and practices. My advice to all of you is take time for yourselves and for your relationships.

My Husband and I do a weekly "Date Night In" mostly during the fall and winter months. Summer months tend to be spent outside doing various different family activities. This can be as simple as eating an appetizer with the kids, and preparing your meal after the kids go to bed. The sacrifice is eating later but the time spent together, and uninterrupted conversation will be worth it. Go on Dates...These do not need to be lavish dates that require a huge financial obligation. Find couples that are willing to trade with you for babysitting time, or ask a family member to watch the kids. We all know how expensive childcare can be for nights away. One of our favorite dates is simply going to our local Barnes and Noble or Borders book store. We love to get coffee in the Coffee Shop, find a comfy sitting area where we can talk, and thumb through various books we have found interesting. One of my guilty pleasures is junky tabloid magazines, they have all of them!!! I may have been known to sneak a peek at them while we are there. Shhh don't tell anyone:)

I will continue to try and make time in my life for these moments. I hope I have inspired you to do the same. In a later Blog Post I will share an idea I have on choosing how to spend these moments together, keep checking back in. Here is to 7 happily married years Babe!!!!!!
Brandon and I in Las Vegas celebrating our Anniversary and my 30th Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. When I had Clara's baby shower, your piece of advice was the one I remember most, and it was to be a good mommy you must take time away with daddy!! And that is SO TRUE! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete